feeding swans

Our family run business has been in Hurley since 1926

For All Enquiries: 01628 823501

About Us

playground
Park Facilities
Find out more
bear logo
Membership
Find out more
canoe boat
Slipway & Moorings
Find out more
summer garden
Holiday Park
Find out more
residential area
Residential Park
Find out more
monks barn
Monks’ Barn
Find out more
red kite
Photo Competition
Find out more
corporate event
Corporate Events
Find out more
disabled bathroom
Access Statement
Find out more
old photo of pub
Hurley Through The Years
Find out more
black happy dog
Charities
Find out more
luxury pool
Holiday Cottages
Find out more

About the Park

Our family-friendly park sits alongside the River Thames in the picturesque village of Hurley between Henley-on-Thames and Marlow and has been run by four generations of the same family since 1926.

With direct access to the River Thames and the Thames Path we are perfect for lovers of the river and walkers alike. For those with a boat or canoe we have two slipways and for those without we have river frontage for picnics. With the lush green countryside of the Thames Valley all around, red kites circling above and the river traffic gliding past it is hard to believe we are only an hour outside London.

We have won the prestigious David Bellamy Gold Award for Conservation since it began in 1997 and have even won their rare Special Distinction Award. To teach children about the local wildlife we have a self-guided nature trail which follows the length of the campsite.

We are a fantastic base for campers fleeing the frenzy of urban living while being only 5 miles from Henley and 10 miles from Windsor.

We offer a happy, family-friendly atmosphere and only accept bookings from families and couples. We are proud that many of our caravanners and campers return year after year and recommend us to family and friends. In fact some of our customers who visited us as children now bring their own grandchildren!

outside of Trailer
outside of Trailer

History of the Park

The Burfitt family began farming in Hurley in 1926 with the farm being run from The Farm House in Mill Lane.

The caravan holiday boom of the 1960s led to the first static caravan being sited on farm land near the river. This was soon joined by more caravans and requests were made for more permanent facilities to be made available to members of the public.

A project to begin installing infrastructure began in the 1970s and soon a site license was approved for the permanent siting of static caravans in what is now the Holiday Park.

Permission was as also granted for touring caravans and tents to stay in what is now the Touring Park.

Hurley Riverside Park formed in 2001 when Hurley Farm Ltd separated its Holiday Park business from its agricultural business.

If you would like to see some old photos of the village and the Park please visit our Hurley Through The Years  page

man in tent