rv outside

Our family run and pet friendly park is in the heart of the Home Counties on the south bank of the River Thames

Got any questions? Browse our FAQ

Hurley Riverside Park Complaints Procedure

How do I make a complaint to the Hurley Riverside Park?

  • In person to one of our Touring Park Wardens
  • By telephone, by calling 01628 823501 (Monday to Friday 9am-5.00pm,
    Saturday 9am -1.00pm, Sunday 10am-1.00pm).
  • In writing, by emailing [email protected] or by post to Hurley Riverside Park, Park Office, Hurley Berkshire SL6 5NE
  • For Wi-Fi complaints, please contact the service provider directly.

What can I expect from the Park following my complaint?

We shall respond to a complaint immediately if it is made verbally to an employee with the necessary experience and authority to deal with it. If further investigation is required it will be passed to a Director of the company.
Written complaints will be acknowledged within 5 working days of receipt. You will be advised of the name of the person dealing with the complaint and when you can expect a response.
We will work hard to resolve the problem as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Where your case is complex, or involves a number of issues, or involves a third party, we may need some time to make sure that we have covered everything however we will still acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days of receipt.
If immediate resolution is not possible, a written response will be given within 10 working days.
If you feel after contacting us that we have been unable to resolve you complaint, we recommend you first contact the Citizens Advice Bureau. They are likely to suggest you take your dispute to the ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution). ADR can take two forms:

  • In some types of ADR, the process allows the parties to the dispute to decide their own outcome, often with the help of a neutral third party.  This is typically the case for direct negotiation, conciliation and mediation.
  • In other types of ADR, the outcome is decided by someone who is not a party to the dispute.  This is what happens in adjudication, arbitration and ombudsman schemes.

We will usually be contacted direct from the company chosen for ADR and this will allow your complaint to be resolved to your satisfaction.

When will I be offered a refund?

You will only be offered a refund on your holiday if we are unable to fulfil your booking due to the Park being closed or your pitch being unavailable and we are unable to offer you an equivalent pitch. If you cancel your booking as you are unable to adhere to our Terms and Conditions (e.g. you want to bring a commercial vehicle as your transport or a converted van as accommodation) you will not be offered a refund. We will also not be able to offer a refund if you cancel due to events beyond your control (e.g. illness or accident) therefore we recommend you take out holiday insurance.

man in tent