1. a) Only Caravan Holiday Homes of proprietary manufacture which conform to the definitions contained in the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 and the Caravan Sites Act 1968 are accepted.
b) Caravan Holiday Homes must be kept in sound and clean condition: decoration and external colour must be maintained to the satisfaction of the Company.
c) All caravans over 10 years of age must be tested for electrical and gas soundness at least every 2 years (and any defects rectified) at the occupier’s expense (see also Rule 16)
d) Where an occupier has failed to produce a valid Electrical Inspection Certificate and a Gas Test Certificate by the expiry of the existing Certificate, the Company is authorised by the occupier to test the caravan at the occupier’s expense. (Certificates are valid for 2 years) e) Caravan Holiday Home owners are not permitted to own more than one caravan on the Park
2. Wheels must not be removed, nor the Caravan Holiday Home re-positioned without the written permission of the company. No external alteration of or addition to the Holiday Home or pitch is permitted without the prior written approval of the Company, and of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Council.
Sheds and Outbuildings
3. a) Storage sheds, fuel bunkers, porches, fences, verandas or any other structures are only permitted with the prior written approval of the Company, and where permitted must be of a design and size approved by the Local Authority.
b) Combustible sheds must not be sited within 5 metres of an adjacent caravan
c) Where an adjacent caravan is moved or a new caravan is re-sited, combustible sheds must be moved to maintain the 5-metre spacing
e) No wooden sheds are to be brought on to the Park.
4. The Occupier is responsible for the tidiness of the Pitch, and in the event of the pitch, fences or hedges becoming untidy, the Company reserve the right to take appropriate action to remedy the situation and charge the occupier accordingly. Washing must not be hung out at weekends and should be screened from view.
5. Access is not permitted to vacant pitches. Any building materials or other plant material must be left undisturbed.
6. Trees, shrubs and hedges may not be cut down, removed or damaged. Gardens must be left intact when the Occupier vacates the pitch. However, the Company reserve the right to remove trees considered unsuitable for their position.
The Use of the Caravan
7. a)The Caravan Holiday Home may be used by the Occupier, members of his family and bona fide guests only. No sub-letting is permitted. The caravan is only to be used for Holiday purposes. If requested by the Company, caravan owners must provide copies of 2 utility bills or a Council Tax bill showing their own name and residential address within 28 days.
b) Except as set out in sub-paragraph (7c) no holiday caravan shall be occupied between 31st October in any year and the 1st March in the following year.
c) Caravans may be occupied by persons doing so with the Object of fishing (in season) provided that no such occupation shall take place except between noon on a Friday and noon on the following Monday.
8. The Occupier is responsible for the conduct of all his/her visitors.
9. Everyone using the Park is required to comply with the regulations of the Site Licence, Water Authority or any other Statutory Authority.
10. No commercial enterprise or business activities may take place on the Park without the prior written permission of the Company.
11. Nothing shall be done within the caravan park to cause a nuisance to others especially between the hours of 10.30pm and 8.00am.
Hurley Riverside Park, Hurley, Berks SL6 5NE
12. Most areas of the Caravan Park are unsuitable for occupation by families with 3 or more children.
13. (a) Occupiers are responsible for ensuring that both electrical and gas installations and appliances comply at all times with the requirements of the Company and other appropriate authorities. The occupier is liable for any wastage of water due to negligence (e.g. bursts)
(b) The approval of the Company must be obtained in writing at least 3 months before application is made to British Telecom for a telephone line. As the cable must be ducted, a charge for doing this will be made by the Company.
14. (a) The Occupier must not permit waste water to be discharged onto the ground. As mains water is metered, the use of hoses is forbidden, except in the case of fire.
(b) Permission to use a borehole must be obtained in writing from the Park Office.
15. Alterations to electricity connections must be inspected by the caravan park electrician and a test certificate issued, for which a charge will be made.
16. All caravans sold on the caravan park are required to be tested for gas and electrical safety (and any defects rectified) in accordance with the Company’s regulations at the Vendor’s expense (see Rule 1c)
17. Underground stopcocks and above ground services shall be maintained at the Occupier’s expense.
18. The Occupier is responsible for ensuring that all household and garden refuse is separated and deposited where directed, using recycling bins where possible.
19. Damage to the Company’s services or equipment by the Occupier or the Occupier’s contractors must be repaired at the Occupier’s expense
20. All vehicles must be driven carefully on the park, not exceeding the speed limit of 10mph. Vehicles must be taxed and insured as required by law and drivers must hold a current driving licence and insurance. Disused vehicles must be removed from the park. The prior written approval of the Company must be obtained before commercial vehicles or vans are brought on to the Park.
21. Only one car is normally permitted per caravan. All cars must display a current car pass
22. Pets, where permitted at the Company’s discretion, must be kept on a lead when within the Caravan Park and not allowed to despoil the park or roam free.
23. (a) Only one dog of an approved breed is permitted per caravan.
(b) Every dog brought on to the Caravan Park must be registered with the Company on the appropriate form.
24. Boats must not be parked within the caravan park area.
25. Every occupier shall install a 1kg dry powder fire extinguisher in the caravan and this shall be maintained and replaced as laid down by the manufacturer.
26. No combustible material, liquids (e.g. petrol) or liquefied petroleum gas cylinders not in use, is to be stored under or between caravans.
27. Caravan insurance is compulsory. Evidence of insurance must be presented to the Company by the Occupier by the 1st July each year.
28. It is forbidden to carry offensive weapons or other objects likely to give offence.
29. Behaviour injurious to animals or plants is not permitted.
30. Ball games shall not be played so as to annoy other occupiers. Team games (e.g. football) involving secondary school children and older should not be played within the Caravan Park.
31. Deposits received by the Company for goods or services are not refundable.
32. The property in a title to any material or goods supplied by the Company shall remain in the Company notwithstanding delivery to the customer or elsewhere until such time as payment
in full has been received by the Company.
33. These rules will remain in force until amended by the Company in accordance with your Site Licence Agreement.